"We have the opportunity to pour into them what they were created to be; and pullout the treasure that they cannot yet see."
- Momma Moon,
One Special Egg: The Journey of Destiny And A Forever Family
What is Therapeutic Foster Care?
We specialize in caring for children and teens who have experienced extraordinary loss and trauma early in life and are in need of unconditional love. Our foster parents provide the stable, compassionate and committed care that makes all the difference.
All of our team members receive extra training and 24/7 support. All foster parents participate in pre-service and annual training, but our foster parents and staff receive additional training to better prepare them to understand and support the children and youth we serve.
Our foster parents are key members of our team and are involved in decisions every step of the way. In fact, our agency's founder was involved in drafting and approving Tennessee's Foster Parent Bill of Rights. We hold our foster parents in the highest regard and treat them like the esteemed team members they are. We believe that foster parents deserve all of our respect and support.
We believe in second chances. Many of the children and youth we serve have failed to succeed in other environments. When a child comes to Therapeutic Interventions, this signifies a deep and lasting commitment of the agency and the foster family to that child's success. We know what it takes for children to heal and thrive and our foster parents provide the structured and supportive environments that promote stabilization and recovery from trauma.
We understand crisis as a primary opportunity for positive change. We aren't afraid of a crisis. We believe that there can be a gift at the heart of every difficult period. Crises are turning points, offering a chance to deepen relationships, to reflect, to make a fresh start and to heal.
Could I Be a Foster Parent?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age to become a foster parent?
Can LGBTQ people be foster parents?
Do I have to be married to become a foster parent?
What type of children would I care for?
No. You are part of a team and you participate in deciding which children you can care for best.
Do I have to take all children referred to me?
Is there a cost to becoming a foster parent?
Do I have to make a lot of money to be a foster parent?
Am I reimbursed for expenses of fostering a child?
Can I work outside the home and still be a foster parent?
I am interested in adoption, is that possible through TII?
Why Foster a Teen?
TOP 10 REASONS TO FOSTER A TEEN
1. We sleep through the night...and half the morning.
2. No formula, bottles or diapers required.
3. Fewer hours on the phone with tech support. We'll fix it for you!
4. You may have missed my first day of kindergarten, but you can be there to watch me graduate from high school!
5. We can show you new dance moves.
6. You can train your future caregivers.
7. We'll let you know when your old clothes are back in style.
8. You don't have to wait 10 to 12 years to see if we remember what you taught us. Instant gratification!
9. We will teach you how to be more patient, understanding, kind, and empathetic.
And, most importantly...
10. We all need someone to share our life, dreams, achievements and holidays.